Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dodgers vs Rockies

After the Giants series, another division rival came into town, the Dodgers played the Rockies. The first game was on a Friday, since I work on Fridays I showed up a little after the gates opened for season ticket holders and the first thing I see is the CY Young guy aka Clayton Kershaw throwing some pitches...

 Mr. K

Kershaw in his wind-up

For the most of batting practice it was pretty slow today. So I decided to hang around the foul pole and see what happens when you have a WS MVP, an NL Cy Young winner and a future all star catcher together...

Nothing much happened just them discussing and having their "meetings". As for batting practice I decided to head over to the dug out and see what other Dodgers I could go say hello to. Once again Andre never fails to disappoint, he signed once again for the fans.

At that moment he was talking to the little Dodger "Deuce"

As for Andre I had a baseball and asked him to sign it and mid way in his signature some said something and he looked up and kind of gave a bad autograph but Andre is notoriously known to have a "unique" autograph so that just makes my autograph "more unique".

Right before heading to my seats I noticed that Chad Billingsley was talking to another season ticket holder along the bullpen and I went over and politely asked him for an autograph and he said yes and signed my baseball card.

 
As for the game the Dodgers beat the Rockies 7-3. Since it was fireworks night we decided to try to meet some Rockies players, the reason I decided to start meeting and getting autographs of other non Dodgers was that I already met the whole Dodger squad except for a few so why not meet other big leaguers. The way I see it, if you made it with the pros, even if it was with the Astros, you made it and probably had your dream come true and plus you never know who will be the next big star or future hall of famer. For that reason when I grow older I want to have those memories or at least the ability to just say I met so and so. On to the Rockies so we waited and soon enough the Rockies strolled by starting off with the starting pitcher Jamie Moyer...

Jamie was a class act, he stopped for fans, signed autographs and was nice enough to take a photo with me.
Next came by Tyler Colvin and Jeremy Gutherie...

 Tyler Colvin (Signed my game ticket)

 Me and Tyler Colvin


Jeremy Gutherie (Signed my ticket)

Interesting fact, my buddy David aka Davids Autographs asked Jeremy about his shoes he was wearing and man did that excite Jeremy, turns out he was a big shoe-head. He stayed around a bit and pulled out his phone and showed us his collection of shoes. If I had their kind of money I would have a bunch of shoes too. He can come off as a sarcastic guy but Jeremy is a nice guy always cares about his fans.

After Jeremy left, another player came by. He was well known as a Minnesota Twin rather than a Rockie, this would be Michael Cuddyer. Really nice guy he came and signed for everyone, I had him sign my ticket but I preferred getting a picture instead and being a nice guy he did...

 

As the night progressed we thought all the players were gone but boy were we wrong. One player remained and it was a good one! Carlos Gonzalez! He took a cab and before he left he stopped and signed for pretty much everyone who was there. I had him sign a baseball for me. He needs to work on his penmanship a bit...

Me all excited after he signed my ball!

Carlos Gonzalez

That was it for Friday night....Now moving on to Saturday!

On Saturday I decided to hang around by Ronald Belisario. He was tossing the ball with Kenley Jansen who over throws the ball into the seats too often. Every time he does Belisario gives him an ear full.


Belisario getting ready to throw

For being a coke head, he is a really nice and polite guy with the fans. Every time I see him I tell him "Hola Belisario como estas?" and he always responds back and tells me "Bien and some other Spanish words I am still trying to figure out". As for today Belisario was really nice and gave me this gift after he finished playing catch...


Oh yea! A 50th anniversary baseball and used by Ronald Belisario and Kenley Jansen! Sadly this would be the only thing exciting for BP, as for me no other baseballs came close to me or players to interact with. So I just went to my seats and enjoyed a good game and during the game, my sister spots something strange, guess who was sitting in the crowd with the fans? Steve Lyons! As he left I stood up shook his hand and asked him for a photo and he was more than happy too!

 As for the game, the Dodgers won again with the final score...2-1
After the game we tried to see if we could meet Troy Tulowitzki but that was impossible but the night was not a failure me and my two friends Mario and Bree got Davey Lopes autograph...

Photo at the time was signed by Garvey, Russell signed the next day.

That was it for Saturday, as already mentioned I got Bill Russell to sign my photo of the great infield the next day at viva los dodgers. That day I also managed to get a sneak peak of their bobble head, even though it already came out here is a picture of it...

As for the game, it was Mothers day, so it was a packed house and once again the Dodgers won! Final score was 11-5...As for trying to meet Tulo I was determined to meet him so we stayed after the game and I did not meet him but I met someone as popular as him! Jason Giambi, he came over and signed for all the fans, he is a nice guy and very family oriented...


Jason Giambi

Once again Tyler Colvin came over and signed along with Jeremy Gutherie, I asked Tyler to sign a card I brought with me...


Also Esmil Rogers came over and signed a quick card for me but left before I had a chance to ask for a photo.


As for this series, Ethier + Cargo + Giambi and other notable players made it a great one, stayed tuned for another series, I'm trying to do all this past home stands while the Dodgers are out of town. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment